Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

A baby shower and Easter

Things around here are gearing up. Cam is studying all day for his ordination exams -- by the way, for a bragging moment, I'm amazed at how much he knows about Jesus and the Bible. He studies all day and most of our "us" time is spend quizzing him and laughing at some of the silly answers that come at the 10 o'clock hour.

Our Zo bird is growing and developing such an intricate personality. (I recognize every parent probably feels this way) She's been good to us -- the Lord's been good to us. She has this sweet sensitive side that I swear picks up on our emotional state. She knows when I'm happy and when I'm sad -- this amazes me. Overall she's pretty content unless she's sleepy -- then she really lets us know.


We took Zoe to her first non-scheduled appointment this week. She woke up at 2,4,6, and finally at 8 for the day and fussed the ENTIRE day. I would have bet money it was an ear infection -- nope. Ears were great... doctor said babies have adjustment issues during milestones -- cue Zoe rolling. 



I've been planning a shower for my sister-in-law for a couple months now (which means I started working on it a week before) I made a few no sew buntings to hang around the house, organized some food, and cleaned the best I could.



This little girl was a HUGE hit with all the relatives. She had more people loving on her than she knew what to do with.


All of the older ladies simultaneously loved these decorations and told me how much lemonade I could have made with all those lemons.


Kelly, Andrew, and their sweet babe were celebrated well into the night when we stood around a table in the beautiful weather eating low country boil.


Thankful to have married into this friend group.



Zoe loved sitting with her Aunt Kelly learning all about animal things. :)


And the classic first Easter picture. I love my little family. I'm thankful to celebrate the risen king and the many blessings I receive because he defeated death. 





2 comments:

  1. you guys are all so beautiful! i love reading updates on yalls life and seeing cute pics of zoe!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! We'll be in the SC area a lot more now that we're moving back south. Maybe we could plan a reunion in the big city of Honea Path?

      Delete