Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

6 months

Lately I feel like the one thing that gets me blogging is milestones for Zoe. I'm totally pulling out the cliche, "I can't believe she's already 6 months old!"

We've done a lot in the month of June...
- RUF orientation
- Laura and Jon's wedding
- Our new niece Laurel June was born
- Mom came for a visit
- My 25th birthday
- Date night (the first time someone besides family watched Zoe)
- Friends from STL visited
- dinners with friends

All of those events combined with planting roots here makes for some tired and happy Smiths.

This past week we went to visit Andrew, Kelly, and Laurel. My mom bought us a really nice camera two years ago for Christmas. I will say that I've used it a ton, but have always wanted to do more and learn more with it. I asked Kelly if I could try and take some pictures for her while we were there.





These were just a few that I took, but I'm happy with my first go round. I feel like there are these occasional moments in life where we get a glimpse into "good work". Moments where we see the results of work we've done and it fuels us. When Zoe smiles, recognizes her name, rolls around on the floor... or when I make dinner and Cam has to ask me if I want anymore because he plans on finishing it off. I love these moments where I feel like my work is simply put, good. I felt this after I sent these pictures off to Kelly -- I loved producing something that they treasure.

Today I took a few pictures of Zoe...








I am by no means a expert, but I hope to continue to learn. Taking pictures that I, or others treasure brings me such satisfaction. I finally feel like I'm doing some of the work I, Kaela, was created to do -- for me that's being a mom and homemaker. It's making time for playdates, meal planning, laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, hosting, feeding, calling, writing, connecting, and the occasional hobby of photographing and crafting. 

Our life is not perfect and we continue to long for something better, but this season of life has been good to us and I hope to remember it fondly! 


No comments:

Post a Comment