Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A prince for the princesses

It's been WAY too long since I've last blogged about our lives and the various things happening -- and we've had A LOT happening.

This year we moved to Jefferson City, TN, started our first year working with RUF, joined another church, began the process of making friends, searched for homes to buy...

Transition brings change and Cam and I struggle with change. We take what feels like forever to adjust, but once adjusted we're pretty good at establishing roots. I wish I knew the timeline of our adjustment period, but I don't. We continue to show up, try, and rely on an abundance of grace.


We've had days visiting family


And days of keeping Zoe up and out until 10 during the RUF barn dance


We've had days of pjs, snuggling, and sickness


And days of mountains, friends, conversations, and students at fall conference.


We've had days of sunshine and sitting outside


And days of waiting by the door for daddy to arrive.


We've had days of exploring new things in cold weather


And now days of anticipation.


This April our family will welcome another sweet little girl. This pregnancy has been all over the map emotionally for me. 

Sitting here now I look at the clock and tears start to stream as I realize in just 45 minutes the day of remembrance comes again. November 20th -- the day our first babe went on to see Jesus. This day two years ago drastically shaped our story -- past, present, and future. 

I remember finding out we were pregnant with Zoe and feeling the most amount of redemption/joy/happiness/glory I have ever experienced. 

This time was different. As Zoe approached her 6 month milestone, I was finding out another life had begun. I felt so torn between the joy of life and the goodness that it is, and the sense of being completely overwhelmed as I quickly did the math and realized these two babes will be only 15 months apart. So we took some time -- we took a lot of time -- 20 weeks worth of time. And just yesterday as the ultrasound came up with a healthy baby girl I once again felt that same joy/happiness/redemption/glory as before. What a beautiful thing life is. And though I expect many of our days to be the ones where we wait by the door for daddy, I am tickled thinking of all the fun these two girls will have together. 

The name of my post has to do with Cam's first sermon at Carson Newman. One of his illustrations was in reference to a video that RUF made for general assembly. It shows a student who describes her life as a princess who grew up in a land of ribbons and bows dreaming of her perfect prince. The video's fantastic and there's much more to Cam's sermon than what I'm about to quote...

At the end of his point Cam said, "I'm so glad I get to raise a daughter who can believe in fairytales, in a perfect prince, and in a beautiful kingdom."

And this is where I leave my thoughts -- I'm so thankful Cam and I get to raise a house of princesses who will hear of their perfect prince who can take away their fears and is full of grace. The princesses (and parents) will not be perfect, but the prince will always be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment