Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

A little bit of everything

Life is about to get chaotic for us in just a few short days. Since Zoe was only born a little over a year ago I remember the newborn stage pretty clearly. This past week I've been waffling between wanting this child out of me already and then panicking at the thought of caring for two babies! Or so badly wanting to see this new little girl and then desperately wanting to soak up this time with just Zoe. So we're waffling -- A LOT! 

Here are some snap shots of life in the Jeff as of late ...

My very best friend and her husband (he's not too bad either) came to visit for an over night. I never even dreamed of how much the connection between my kiddo and these friends would mean to me.


We took a trip to St. Louis to see friends and introduce the newly exploring Zoe to some of our favorite places. She absolutely loved the zoo. 


The new book I'm reading -- it's fascinating!


The end of every day consists of some sort of treat -- I'm fully taking advantage of the whole "I'm 39 weeks pregnant" card. This particular one was photographed for my sonic loving friend back up north.


The Zo-ster has some new kicks that I love. She knows just where her shoes are and constantly asks to put them on and go outside. It's been a fun new stage of life!


We do a lot of "exploring" the driveway. She's got a weird thing with grass right now which is kind of a pain and really nice at the same time because she doesn't dare step foot off the driveway. 



While we were in St. Louis a sweet seminary wife took some pictures for us. Us Smiths are a little like animals in the winter -- we gather some extra pudge :)


This girl continues to grow! As soon as I get a decent amount of clothes in one size, she's moving into the next within a few weeks. We just bought her a new rash guard for Summer Conference since this one is far from covering her anymore. 

Our students only have 4 weeks left of class! I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by! 

We're still house hunting ... it's a slow, slow process in a tiny town that doesn't see much turn around. Literally there is not a house for us to even look at right now. 

Funny story: we've had our eye on a house that we loved, but weren't quite ready to pull the trigger on. After 3 months of considering we finally were prepared to make an offer. This house had been on the market for 200 days without a single offer! That morning, as we handed our letter of why these people should pick us to buy their house, our real estate agent told us another couple made an offer that morning way higher than we could ever offer. We were crushed -- I cried and probably threw a fit that rivals my 1 year old. Fast forward a week and Cam and I are sitting in the local coffee shop eating lunch. In walks a cute couple with a kid Zoe's age!! (When this happens in Jeff City you don't hesitate, you make friends) After a few minutes of talking to them we find out this couple is the one who made an offer on our beloved house. So now, once I can get over myself we'll be friends, but isn't that just a smack in the face! Really, what are the chances?

Cam's ordination service is quickly approaching and will be followed by Summer Conference. Hopefully I'll get someone to either take pictures or hold my children while I do! We've got a busy summer coming up, but I'm embracing it with open arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment