Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

1st Couples Anniversary

Exactly one year ago I flew from South Carolina all the way to the big S-T-L to see my brand new boyfriend. That's right, one year ago Cameron Smith picked me up with 5 days worth of fun planned for our first "dates". I was thrilled/ecstatic/nervous/anxious and about a bajillion other adjectives.

However, my very first night there was the most memorable. Cam had been in St. Louis for about 2 months and in that time established some great friendships. One of those friendships was with Soren and Emma Kornegay. A year ago Cam and I would have never known that these two would become some of our best friends in seminary. Okay, back to the story...

Cam and I grabbed pizza and waited at his empty apartment for Soren and Emma to come pick us up. Emma is a girl after my own heart. She loves holidays and celebrating with every festivity possible. This is how she found the random fireworks in Alton, IL 30 minutes away. We soon found out that Alton was shall we say the ghetto. We parked the jeep on the side of the highway, pulled out our wine and beer, and sat on our blankets waiting for the show. By the end of the night we were all astonished at the show that little Alton put on. We left with hopes of coming back next year.

With a smile on my face I can happily say that the "new boyfriend" is now my best friend and my husband. We celebrated our made up, one year "couples anniversary" with Soren, Emma, and a couple of other friends that we've made since last year. We brought picnic baskets, wine, more food than necessary, and enjoyed the best fireworks in the world yet again :)

This year I came prepared with a camera and our flip :)

2010

2011
Our picnic area

Sweet Isabella


Just a glimpse of the 35 minute show

1 comment:

  1. Wow...the video is really clear! Great fireworks...and thanks for sharing a little piece of your celebration!

    ReplyDelete