Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

My favorite present

This year I received incredible Christmas presents. As I've already mentioned, we got a camera! Yay!

My other present that I must brag about came from my husband. Back in November, Cam and I visited Andrew and Kelly in Blacksburg, VA. One day we traveled to this cute little town with a country store as the main attraction. And there it was... the most unique, beautiful, precious nativity scene I've ever seen. I wanted it with everything inside of me, but knowing the "right" answers I suggested we buy it for Cam's mom for Christmas. Thirty minutes later we came back to buy it and it was gone! How could it be gone?! My heart broke a little -- one knowing I would never have it and two knowing I wouldn't even be able to gift it.

Fast forward to Christmas morning as I open my present from Cam. My NATIVITY SCENE!!!! I couldn't contain my excitement and joy -- I lept into Cam's arms!

I love that it's unique. Hand crafted, hand painted -- the one and only!
 I've decided my favorite piece is Joesph. I'm not sure why yet, but I love him.
 Maybe it's his rosy cheeks and pudgy belly?
 The three wise men are a close second
Cam pointed out that they look like the Jesus Storybook illustrations. Maybe that's why I love them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment