Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Team Smith Birthday

Happy 2nd Birthday Team Smith (Cam). 

Like many, it's hard to believe it's already been two years AND I feel like we've been married forever. Today as we celebrate amongst some of the same friends who were at our wedding two years ago, I am baffled at where the Lord has brought us. Through great joys and great sorrows, He's been faithful in our marriage, and grown our capacity in ways we never thought possible. All the while, we've fought together!

There are many different topics I blog about, but rarely do I get the chance to simply brag on you, hubs. I am so proud of who you are Cam Smith, and I'm honored to be your bride. From day one I knew in a big picture kind of way, that the Lord was going to use us in each other's lives for redemption, growth, support, love, nourishment, care, correction, etc. But now after 2 short/long years I am getting glimpses of the details in that big picture story and they're beautiful.

You've spent two years with me in counseling and not only taught with your words, but with your actions that I am a loved, liked, and wanted Child of God. You show me in a very tangible way how much the Lord fights for me and wants only good. Redemption is beautiful and the Lord is using you to shine light in a very dark place. 

You pray for me! In times of great sorrow and in times of great joy you go before the throne and plead for me! The same wife who tries, but fails you constantly. You pray and ask for that wife, and I am completely humbled by that. 



You were a parent with me. I know we made a beautiful child that for unknown reasons went to be with Jesus before we wanted. How I wish things were different, and how I wish our child could have lived to experience you as daddy. I look forward to watching you when that time comes with our future kids, but for now I know that Jesus is telling our precious child how much his parents love him and is allowing our child to see the beauty of his parents from afar. 

You have taught me how to love and care for people. Though to many this may sound easy, it's not always for me and you hold my hand through those times. You never shame me for failing, but present the beauty of each person and remind me that they too have a story. 

You teach me as you learn. It's very easy to fall into the role of a seminary wife who just financially puts her husband through school. I am so thankful that because of you, I am part of your education right now. You don't just leave your school at school, you bring it home. You are patient as you process with me all the treasures that your professors are giving you. I know the Lord more and what He's doing because of you. 

You laugh with me. You are seriously the funniest person I know, and even though I'm only #4 on your list ;) I still love to laugh with you. You balance well when to be serious and when to be silly. 

You are valued by others. Though I love to have you to myself, I greatly enjoy watching you around your friends. I like that they bring out new pieces of you for me to cherish. I like that you care for them and their story -- and I can see how thankful they are for you. 


I know I have not listed all the things that make you who you are, or even all the things I have learned to value. However, on our birthday especially, I want you to know that you are loved, adored, appreciated, liked, wanted, cherished, and of great value to the Lord, to your friends, and always to ME!

So here's to 50 more years Team Smith!

Love,
Your wife 

No comments:

Post a Comment