Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

If it's the beaches


We have been on vaca for the past TWO WEEKS!! (prepare for picture overload) With family currently being so far away, this was the first time Cam and I have retreated on our own! The first week was spent with 9 other seminary students in Isle of Palms, SC.


We had a house right on the beach and it was beautiful! Though the weather was a bit shady, we still had a blast enjoying our friends as we all prepare to scatter in a few short weeks!



Humble abode

vaca on the east coast means Yuengling for this guy 


We celebrated two years of marriage during our time with friends. It's hard to believe this trip started two years ago when a group of friends came here for the week following our wedding. We enjoyed our day with lunch over looking the water and taking time to talk about our story thus far and our hopes for year three. 


We only got one day actually on the beach and these boys took full advantage of it -- football, bocce ball, reading, and the most entertaining game, "king of the log"




On one of our last nights we all drove into Charleston for dinner. Since Cam and I have never explored downtown Charleston, we bundled up and brought our camera. 


It was great having these friends as our tour guides -- Cam and I really enjoy stepping into the stories of our friends. It makes places like these more unique; we appreciate Charleston more seeing it through the eyes of our close friends.


The architecture of all these buildings blew my mind. My amateur photography skills do not do this place justice, but I tried. 




After our week in Charleston, Cam and I headed inland to a lake house. We were incredibly thankful for the sweet couple that let us stay here for free!! Trips like these would not be possible with out others giving so graciously to us. 







I was so happy to see these bikes ready and calling out our names to be ridden. Cam laughs at my desire to ride bikes -- one because I really am terrible at it, two because 6'6 men look silly on bikes, and three because my amusement with them runs out quickly. Luckily, for Cam's sake, we couldn't figure out the bike pump so these bikes were simply photographed.


The last day I saw this budding flower out of the corner of my eye. Glory, hallelujah spring is coming! We caught wind from STL that they received 12 INCHES of snow this past weekend. My thoughts were "good get it all out before we come home". 


After a couple days by ourselves we headed back to our old stomping grounds. This place draws us back time and time again. In a way, it's where we come from.


We spent sweet time with the Patricks and the other families we've missed in SC. This time is always bitter sweet for me. I get highly emotional just driving down the dirt road towards the Patrick's house and towards "the barn". They are such vivid reminders of being adopted as a child of God. As time carries on the memories are only sweeter, this family even more cherished, and thankfulness is overwhelming. 


God is at work, and you Patrick family remind me of that each visit! God has been so good to me through you and I am left humbled and grateful every time we leave. 


Easter Sunday was spent here, in St Louis. Vacation is such a luxury, but boy am I glad to be home! I'm thankful for such a tangible reminder today that the Lord provides. We're in a season right now of feeling completely out of control, funny since the reality is we're always out of control. But this morning as we celebrated Jesus' victory over death I am comforted to know our future lies in the hands of a man who CONQUERED DEATH for me, and I can sing with confidence -- praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment