Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

3 weeks

3 weeks and we're still alive -- a funny and sarcastic statement, but as well all know with sarcastic comments, it's not completely void of truth. Here's a little bit of Zoe's life I've captured this week.

Polka dots, baby jeggings, and a big yawn -- adorable

And now reality -- a bow she probably hates and screaming that makes me want to run and hide

Our first selfie together (well outside of me)

When she'll let me, we sit and read the Jesus Storybook Bible. I pretend it's just to teach her true things, but really I cry most of the time reading these great promises.

This past weekend friends and family came to visit. My initial reaction to 5 extra adults, a 3 month old, and 2 dogs was full of tired, overwhelming tears. I just felt like there are all these people coming to our house and I can't even keep it together during my regular day. Can I just tell you that it was such a great time! Sure, Zoe screamed and I cried, but our friends loved on us so well! I loved waking up to voices in our house, games being played, football being watched, food being made and eaten, and Zoe's first trip to church being surrounded by people who are dedicated to loving her and us. So thanks friends for coming and loving on us in the midst of my craziness. 

We went to visit Luke when he was Zoe's size. Crazy how much he's grown in just 3 months.

Andrew and Kelly spent a ton of time holding and playing with Zoe this weekend. She's lucky to have such a great Aunt and Uncle.

Friday morning before everyone came into town our friend Amber Roy came to take pictures of us and Zoe. Of course our willful child did not want to cooperate the ENTIRE 3 hours!!! I'm amazed that Amber still got some amazing shots that I will treasure forever. 

She had to ask Cam to squat down, but you can totally tell in this picture haha.


Zoe got her first bath this week after her stinking belly button finally fell off!! That thing grossed me out so much.

This morning (Wednesday) we started cloth diapers! I woke up to Cam confidently putting one right on her -- super dad I know!

She's finally starting to spend some time awake during the day! This morning we just listened to music and enjoyed a little vitamin D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment