Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Learning

A few thoughts from this past week:

1. Child-like wonder

Cam and I have close friends that have recently started exploring and diving into Christianity. Cam and I grin from ear to ear when talking to them and hear phrases like "Y'all are learning about parenthood while we learn about Jesus". Through these friends I'm learning to have a child-like wonder towards Christianity all over again. As they talk to us about books I read just a few years ago, I can't help but want to read them again. As I sing "Jesus loves you" to Zoe before she drifts off to sleep the phrase "for the bible tells me so" rings in my ears and a new longing emerges to remember and rediscover where the bible tells me so. And I'm now reading Mere Christianity (I know what a terrible PCAer to not have ever read C.S. Lewis' classic) because our friends read it and said they mentioned the idea of "Zoe" in it. (Zoe's name means life in Greek)


2. Time management/flexibility

I ate a big 'ol slice of humble pie today when I had to ask Cam to come home from work and help. Last week I felt so on top of things as I meal planned, cooked dinner, cared for Zoe, grocery shopped, and even had friends over to visit (in which of course I baked). Today I met a friend at the library which went well, but then I had to come home for a short hour and go back out for a doctors appointment. Zoe was not happy with her constant change of venue. I had no idea how this appointment was going to go until Cam called, heard our screaming child, and hurried home so I could run to my appointment. Lesson learned -- you are not super woman and your child is not that flexible.


3. Be still: 

This little one will only be little for so long -- trying to learn how to be still and enjoy her now instead of dreaming of the next phase. Snuggle more, shower less ;)





4. Heart expansion:

Things have not changed in the past week per say -- this guy is still super dad. My heart however seems to grow more and more for these two. When Zoe first came home with us I selfishly thought, you're going to take away my best friend. Now, 6 weeks in, we've become even better friends (Cam and I) and that stranger I brought home is OUR little girl. 



5. Embrace the girlishness:

Enough said...

Thanks Elly for her super fashionable outfit

6. Try new things:

This weekend Cam and I took Zoe for her first walk outside (bubble child due to the tundra that we live in) in the Ergo. We're headed to Pittsburgh this weekend for a conference and I'm hoping Zoe will learn to love the Ergo quickly. She fell asleep immediately, but I think it had something to do with all the extra padding from her snow suit surrounding her. 


Thanks mama for the awesome snow suit

And adorable hat
Cheers to a desire of constantly learning

No comments:

Post a Comment