Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

The Market

Saturday was the first of many Saturdays to come that Cam and I were able to freely choose our schedule. We slept in a couple more hours, made a delicious breakfast, and decided to head to the market! Growing up, I never went to the market. It just wasn't something our family did, or maybe they didn't have one. Any who, I was absolutely amazed. It was yet another moment in our relationship where Cam was surprised that my eyes filled with childish delight and the giggles started overflowing. 


Picture on the way

The entrace



Just a sale going on... no big deal :)


Awesome men! I didn't realize until we were leaving that the bucket says "please tip if you stop to take a picture". My guilty conscience of course said I was already in trouble, but I quickly gave them a dollar and scampered away.


We were surprised to find that our bargain shopping had never lead us here. Cam and I are always looking for the next coupon or sale. We quickly found out that all the produce is not only fresh and local, but it's significantly cheaper than even the cheapest grocery store!!


I thought this was adorable


Handsome :)


A picture of the street the market was off of. The buildings have so much character.


A walkway of plants



The awesome apartments that used to be the projects. They are now some what refurbished. 

We left with a couple peppers, a watermelon, a cantaloupe, some strawberries, and my very own Cardinals jersey. We were so excited about our new discovery that we went straight to the hill to spend our living social coupon at the local Italian grocery store. We have plenty of wonderful food this week and we had super fun adventure that will for sure be remembered

No comments:

Post a Comment