Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day

With Valentine's falling on a Thursday this year, I didn't really expect much in the realm of celebrating from Cam or me. A simple card and a reminder that we love each other -- then out the door to work and class at night. 

Instead, I found this on our kitchen table when I got home. This year we celebrated with an adventure. We adventured into the world of making our own sushi!(Cam you are very creative regardless of what you say) So with 45 minutes before we had to leave we enjoyed some delicious appetizers and went to class anticipating coming home. 

Delicious red velvet cookies with cream cheese icing!

Two beautiful roses


Preparing our ingredients -- we've watched the legit sushi makers many times... some how we weren't quite able to chop the avocado like they do. 

And the final product


Rolling them wasn't our strongest asset and our rice was a little bulky... actually we didn't use the right rice at all haha but it was still good!


In the end, I enjoyed yet another adventure with you Mr. Smith. Thanks for making Valentine's special. I look forward to many more as the years go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment