Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

RUF at "The Barn"

Today I start work with what feels like a million thoughts running through my head
- What to do with Fran today?
- I really enjoy my sweet time in the car with Cal
- I can't believe I have to leave them in 3 months
- Where will Cam and I be in 3 months
- Campus ministry? Associate? A job outside of ministry?
- I can't wait to share our life with kiddos
- Will the Lord give us kids?

The reality is there are so many unknowns in our life right now. There are things to be thankful for that leave us humbled and grateful. There are things we are grieving; situations, circumstances, feelings that are groaning from the pains of the fall and leave us crying, come Lord Jesus. 


And as all of those thoughts scramble through my head, my heart is brought here, to "The Barn". And in the quiet whispers of my heart I hear...
- Turn on those songs Kaela, the ones that first taught you who I AM
- Sing them Kaela;  "All must be well", "In the Hours of Pain and Sorrow, "Abide with Me"
- That's who I AM Kaela


And now, 2 years out of college, I am still being ministered to by RUF. I check my inbox... an email from Paul to Cam and me. It's the outline of Sunday's large group titled "Living Faithfully through the Ups and Downs of everyday life" -- praising God when things go right and when things go wrong. 

The Importance of Theology and Preaching in the Christian Life: 
Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel. In you our fathers trusted; the trusted, and you delivered them. To you the cried and were rescued; in you they trusted and were not put to shame.
Psalm 23:3-5


- Thank you Lord for RUF
- Thank you for "The Barn" and the promises you made to me there and continue to uphold
- Thank you for the Patricks who faithfully love on their students even after college. 
- Thank you for music that reminds me of true things
- Thank you for scripture that tells your story and mine
- Thank you for always being faithful to me even though I am not faithful to you.


And so as we wait Lord to see what you have next for us, give us patience and trust. Give us expectations of hope and joy. And Lord I pray that in whatever you have for us, please give us opportunities to love on college students in the same way we were loved. Use us -- let there be another Cam and Kaela out there who need to be adopted into your family and called child.  


1 comment:

  1. I've been singing "All Shall Be Well" lately, too. And all shall be well. All things shall be well.

    ReplyDelete