Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Snow is magical

This weekend our house owners were out of town so we were in charge of taking care of the dogs. Around 9:30 Cam went downstairs, walked the dogs outside, and came back up to our apartment. Nothing exciting. 

We watched a movie until about 12:30 and were finally getting around to going to bed. I went to plug my phone in and was shocked at what I saw.

SNOW!! Snow is not simply another weather change for me, and maybe not for you either. For all my Gilmore Girl watchers -- snow is magical. (not just the first snow -- and no Cam didn't build me an ice skating rink in our front yard)

I was torn -- snow is magical and normally I would instantly run outside, but it was 12:30 and I am a little obsessive about my sleep. :)

With a 5 year old smile on his face, Cam looked at me and said let's go play in it. (LOVE the rare moments that I get to see his pure excitement -- I treasure them!) And without hesitation we bundled up.

 I'm so thankful for my camera that could capture just a glimpse of the beauty.



The sky was such a beautiful color and the trees were my favorite.








These trees bring out the child in me -- I picture talking trees, kinda like talking animals in Narnia.  I'm convinced these trees will talk and dance in heaven. 





Rose loved playing with Cam in the snow -- strange since she usually acts like a teenager






Snow might will be in heaven I just know it. Cal, the little boy I get to love on through out the week, asked me "Wouldn't it be awesome if you could play forever in snow and it wasn't cold?"

Some day bud, some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment