Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

And so it begins

About a year ago, Cam and I started dating the week before he left for seminary...crazy I know. My first visit to see him in St. Louis we spent time with some of our good friends now, Emma and Soren. One of many things that impressed me about this couple was there blog they made to keep up with family and friends. So now, thanks to Emma and Soren I am going to do my best to keep a blog of well our life here in the big city!

It's now almost 4 weeks since we've been married and time has flown by. There are so many things that have happened since we left our treasured life in South Carolina. Our wedding was absolutely AMAZING! Through out the week of our honeymoon Cam and I reflected on that special day and really are just in awe of how perfect our wedding day was. A couple of the main reasons why Cam and I wanted to get married out at the barn was that is where we met, heard the promises of God, I became a believer, and established relationships that became family. Our wedding was a display of each one of those and beyond what we could have ever expected. Our honeymoon was just what we anticipated. We had a week of relaxation in 85 degree Florida sunshine. A week where Cam and I focused completely on each other and had absolutely not a worry in the world. 

At the end of that week we made the 12 hour trek to our new home together in St. Louis. As we came within about an hour's distance snow started popping up all around us. I was jumping out of my seat with the excitement of snow. Cam on the other hand was a little less than excited to see more snow from the winter that has dragged on here in St. Louis. 

This was our first picture in front of our very first house together :)

Later that night we started opening presents from the wedding and of course I went a little overboard. A few of our presents were at the house, but most of them were at Cam's old apartment and in the back of Hannah's car. With excitement and a little bit of begging Cam agreed to drive around town rounding up the rest of our presents. That night we opened each one and not only were able to recount memories of each person, but also to recognize the many ways that God has and will continue to provide for us. 

More than a little excited!

After 3/4 of the presents were opened I was finally able to let Cam open some


And so our story had begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment