Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Celebration weekend

This weekend was jam packed with fun for Cam and me. On Friday night our friends Caroline and John Mark came over to have dinner with us. After eating our delicious blue cheese burgers grilled by my wonderful husband we sat down for a night that never ceased to be filled with laugher. John Mark was one of Cam's groomsmen and has now asked Cam to be in his and Caroline's wedding in July. We're very excited to make the trek to Dallas to celebrate with our friends.

Saturday morning we slept in as much as my excitement could contain. I woke up with the wonderful idea of a breakfast date. Right now Cam and I are house sitting until the end of May. Currently we live 2 minutes walking distance from "The Loop". This is basically a long street filled with all kids of attractions -- music and great food. Cam and I decided to walk to St. Louis bread co. to grab a bagel then off to starbucks before heading home to study. We really enjoyed being able to walk to grab breakfast and our time with one another.
Cam enjoying his bagel

My over photogenic shot of starbucks


 Once we got home Cam hit the books and I read until our evening of Audrey. Glen and Audrey Woita are two very important people in our lives. Glen is an elder at the church Cam and I attend here called Crossroads. Ever since last summer they have taken Cam in as a son. As soon as I met these two they began loving on me as well and have never stopped. This year is Audrey's 50th birthday and we were honored to receive a request of serving for her surprise party. It was a beautiful display of celebrating the dignity, value, and worth of one of God's beautiful daughters. Cam and I helped serve through out the night and enjoyed meeting all of the people close to Glen and Audrey.

Sunday rolled around and after church Cam and I invited a couple of our friends over for lunch. Soren, Emma, Tim, and Ally all enjoyed a delicious chicken potpie made once again by my husband before we ventured out to the local carnival. Emma and Ally are a real treat to be around. They enjoy the thrills of youthful events as much as I do which made my chocolate covered banana and snowcone AMAZING!

Cam and I rested for the entire Sunday and prepared for my big Monday ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment