Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pirates Game!

Our first week in St. Louis was a real wake up call. Cam doesn't have classes on Monday, but they are the day he works hard to prepare for the week ahead. I'm a little embarrassed to say that we both threw temper tantrums for 10 minutes before we came to grips with not being on our honeymoon anymore. This week I was able to go to class with Cam and kind of orient myself with the city... well just the area around us. (I'm directionally challenged and was afraid to venture out on my own) This week was a real struggle for me as I started applying like crazy to any and every job possible. I was left home alone while Cam went to class and had real feelings of loneliness, being unworthy, unwanted, bored, and anxious.

That Friday our friends Tim and Ally came over to cook us a welcome and congrats meal. It was delicious and so refreshing for me to be around people. Ally has family from PA and before we knew it Cam had mentioned the pirates were in town the next week and Ally said lets go. That night we bought tickets to the cardinals vs. Pirates game and Cam was ecstatic.

Fast forward to Tuesday night and we're headed to our first game at Busch stadium to watch Cam's beloved Pirates. Our friends Tim, Ally, Emma, and Matt came with us and really made our trip a ton of fun!

Notice the Erskine Campus Ministry jersey that happens to be Pirates colors!

Beautiful view of the city at Busch Stadium

No comments:

Post a Comment