Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

A History

This weekend was incredibly relaxing and probably on the lazy side if I'm honest. We celebrated Cam, then our festive/celebratory attitudes carried on through out the week. Which was okay because I only worked on Thursday. (Whoo hoo for time off!)

As I was doing little things around the house like emptying our suitcases, cleaning up the living room, and making liquid soap from Pinterest -- I stumbled upon our "History" wall. And by that I mean I took the time to look at the wall and reflect upon our history as Team Smith.


The perfectionist in me immediately looks at this wall and says "it's not what I intended it to be". Funny life lessons to be learned in statements like that. Once I was able to step back and really look at our wall I was overwhelmed with all kinds of emotions. There are such incredible joys on that wall -- celebrations like 6 months of healing in counseling, Passing RUF assessment, being a part of great friend's lives, and so forth. There are also sorrows and suffering we have faced in less than two short years. These are big parts of our history thus far and I love visual reminders of it. Does it look like a 5 year old made it... yes. Does it have less notes on it than I want... yes. But it's ours and I love seeing how the Lord has and continues to work in our lives. He's healing, redeeming, rejoicing, celebrating, singing, laughing, crying, creating.... so many things over in our lives! Not perfect, but beautiful!

I also played around with my camera some. The lady who owns the house we live in, Peasy, gave us these beautiful flowers and I wanted to take advantage of using the flower setting on our camera.




Look at the detail... they're beautiful. I love that our camera can now captures the uniqueness and intricate details of these flowers. 




We were also given a beautiful orchid. Let me also take the time to say I'm terrible with plants. Actually, I just think I'm terrible with plants so I either don't have them or don't pay attention to them because I'm scared of investing in them and they still die. Plenty to be counseled about in the last sentence...

And finally the highlight of our Sunday afternoons -- PIZZA! This was our best pizza yet so I had to take another picture.





2 comments:

  1. You have no idea what a gift it is to ME to see you enjoying this camera so much! And I am loving the pictures...gift #2
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving my ID on this comment..haha

    ReplyDelete